Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Weekend of Sick


Lily started acting not quite like herself Friday morning when she was not at all interested in eating breakfast. Her lack of appetite continued throughout the day, but she ate some pancakes and cantaloupe at dinner. After dinner time she felt quite hot. and her temperature was 102.5 so we gave her a bath to bring her temp, down, which it did. Around 7:30 we were about to put Lily down for the night and I figured we should give her some Tylenol to help her sleep and to keep the fever away. Not 30 seconds after swallowing the Tylenol her whole dinner reappeared. She and Jason were covered and unfortunately so was her blanket, but she grabbed it anyway and put her thumb in her mouth because she simply did not feel well. We changed and PJ's, threw her blanket in the wash, I nursed her and then we laid her down. She slept well through the night.
She woke a little ealier than normal Saturday morning and I nursed her and she went right back to sleep. She didn't feel as warm as she had the night before so I decided to go to my leadership summit as planned. Jason brought Lily to me a few times during the day to nurse and he said she was definitely not herself. She just wanted to lie on the ground and hold her blanket and she was still not eating well. She did not sleep well Saturday night and we decided we would bring her to the after-hours care Sunday.
At the Dr.'s Lily's temp was 103 and the Dr. discovered she had an ear infection along with some virus, could be roseola, but not likely. He put her on an antibiotic and we left there with a sleepy child.
Monday Lily was still not herself. She slept a lot in the morning, which was good for her and me, as I desperately needed to clean our bathroom and the kitchen! Lily's fever was in the 99's for most of the day and her rash got worse and even spread to her arms and legs. She seemed like she had more energy in the afternoon and wanted to play more. She ate a decent dinner and went to bed at her normal time. She woke up an hour earlier than normal on Tuesday morning and I nursed her and she went right back to bed and then woke up around her normal time. We have had a good morning so far. She ate a good breakfast and she has been wanting to move and play this morning. I think she may be coming out of it and we are so glad. We have missed our smiling, laughing, playful Lily! She has seemed miserable for so long and we look forward to having her back to feeling like herself.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

poor baby! I am glad to hear she is feeling better