Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

It started with a birthday party for the twins across the street. They had a bunch of cool water toys, a pool and a slip and slide. Lily did not want to try the slip and slide, but took advantage of the pool and the water obstacle course. It was a lot of fun!

On Saturday morning we went blueberry picking and it was the best blueberry picking we have done! The bushes were bursting with beautiful plump berries and tasted absolutely amazing. The local farm we went to does not use any pesticides so it is safe to eat the berries right off the bushes and we all took advantage of that, especially Lily. We picked a gallon of blueberries and then went and had lunch at a new restaurant that is right down the street from us. It was good, a little pricey, I think, but good.




Lily started playing hide and go seek in the blueberry bushes. It was rather adorable. Whenever she hides now she wants whoever is around to ask Gizmo and Sigh-Bee(Simon in Lily lingo) where Lily is hiding. So as she hides we are saying, "Gizmo, have you seen Lily? Simon have you seen Lily?" When we have asked that question of enough people (mommy and daddy are usually included) then she says "Boo!," laughs and starts all over again. It is one of her favorite games these days.


On Sunday morning we went to church and then came home and had some lunch. Lily and I took off to pick up some items for dinner and left the boys at home. The kids and Jason napped and I made guacamole for guacamole, turkey bacon, turkey burgers and also put together dessert, which is pictured below! We took some pictures and just enjoyed hanging out as a family. It was a nice relaxing Sunday.
My Boys!

Dessert was a Pioneer Woman recipe called Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies and they are simply amazing. I made a batch of them when our friends from Philly were visiting and they were gone within 24 hours! So I decided I needed to make them again and take it the extra step and turn them into ice cream sandwiches. I took a bite of Lily's and it was awesome!!! Jason has had one every night since then and I have highly enjoyed a bite of each of those as well. I am trying to be good and watch what I eat so I don't plan on eating a whole one in one sitting. Over the course of all the ones Jason eats I may end up eating a whole one, but I am enjoying just the little tastes for now. I just sent the leftover cookies to work with him today because they were too much of a temptation.
Being it was Father's day I figured I would take a minute and mention how great a father Jason is. He loves his children with such passion it makes my heart melt. I knew even before he and I started dating, 1) that he was going to be the man I married and 2) that he would make an amazing father, which is why I wanted to marry him! He is a family man through and through. At the age of 21 he was carrying around a photo album of his niece, who was just a few months old, and pulled it out to show me as I was talking about my nephew who had been born only a month before his niece. He melted my heart back then too! He tells Lily and Simon every day that he loves them and just yesterday he was telling Lily, "When you're 32 remember that your daddy loves you. When you're 12 remember your daddy loves you...." She has got him wrapped around his finger, but it is the sweetest thing to see. He is able to balance the sweetness with the serious when needed and loves to play with and be with his children. I am so excited to see him interact with Simon as Simon grows and gets to the age where they can play together. Lily and Simon are truly blessed to have Jason as their Dad!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: