Thursday, January 6, 2011

"Wuv Daddy" and "GeeGee"

The transition to having Jason back at work has gone much smoother than I was expecting and Lily has done wonderfully. She asked about Jason on Monday morning and we went about our day as usual. When Jason arrived home for lunch Lily was so incrdibly excited, I just had to laugh. She was standing at the top of he stairs screaming in joy, jumping up and down and saying, "Work more daddy?" She was literally full of joy and it had to be expressed using every inch of her being. During lunch she moved her chair as close to Jason's as humanly possible, which in itself is not unusual, but she was trying to cuddle into him and it seemed she just couldn't get close enough as she backed into him and then rearranged herself a few moments later untile she was comfortable. She had her back nuzzled into his chest and I can only imagine what she was feeling as she looked up at him and said, "Wuv daddy." I literally saw Jason melt onto the kitchen floor, tears could have been filling his eyes because they were welling up in mine. The look on his face was priceless. He looked at me as if his heart was breaking and this precious 2-year old was the culprit. They have such an amazing relationship and Lily is incredibly blessed with Jason as her dad. It is unreal to me that Lily is starting to understand the concept of love and that she can express it with her words. It will be hard for her to understand, as it is for me, that we have a heavenly Father who loves us even more than Jason could ever love her. I pray she has as intense a love for Him as she does for Jason. For now, I have no doubt Jason is glad to be the apple of her eye.



In Simon news...on January 5th we heard what we are calling his first babble/combination of sounds. During dinner he started saying, not mama, not dada, but "geegee." It was not a fluke because I heard it a lot today as well, but it is so cute to watch him making these sounds as he maneuvers his lips around. It has a cute little lispy sound to it. I thought I heard him say "mama" today, but it could just be wishful thinking. We were downstairs playing and after I thought I heard him say "mama" I asked him, "Did you just say mama?" Of course, there was no response other than an amazingly cute smile so I asked Lily, "Did you just hear him say mama?" Unfortunately, she was too busy playing and so I got no response from her either. So I am going to have to say that "geegee" is it for now folks. I can't wait to hear what other sounds he makes in the coming weeks.
Also, today we were playing in Lily's room and I put a doll on Simon's lap to explore. It's one that giggles when you squeeze it's tummy and so I squeezed it and placed it on his lap and he stared at it. I pushed the belly again and he leaned down and gave the doll a kiss. I looked up at Jason and we smiled at each other as we clutched our hearts because it was just too cute. Simon kept staring at the doll so I pushed it's belly again, and again he leaned over and gave it a kiss. It was seriously adorable. He didn't touch it with his hands, but simply leaned over and touched it with his lips. He has been all about giving kisses the past month and I am loving it. You just have to ask him for a kiss and pucker your lips and he will open his mouth and plant a wet one right on your lips, pull back from you and give you an amazing gummy smile. Sometimes he gets shy and immediately throws his head into your shoulder and other times he will lean in for another one. It makes you want to squeeze him and not let him go!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: