Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Queen Toot N Coming

The other night at dinner Jason and I were having a conversation and Lily loudly exclaimed, "Toot Coming!!" Jason and I tried very hard not to laugh, but her enthusiasm in the announcement had both Jason and I cracking up. Jason, through his laughter, shared that it sounded like a King...King Toot N Coming. So Lily has become a Queen, Queen Toot N Coming.

Today was day one of potty training and we are attempting the bare bottom method. It was huge progress for her to 1)walk around without a diaper on and 2)to sit on the potty so today was a success in my book even if nothing ever made it into the potty. She had 2 accidents between 10:20 and 10:50 and I am pretty sure they freaked her out because I literally could not get her off the potty after that, except to eat lunch. So...she sat on the potty for quite a long time today. She colored on paper on the floor while she sat on the potty, she put stickers on paper while she sat on the potty, we read Lots of books and did our normal playing, except she was on the potty. I encouraged her to get off her potty, but to no avail.
At one point I was taking a video of Simon while I was trying to get him to crawl and Lily starts saying, "Mommy, mommy, MOMMY!" I respond, "Yes, Lily" and she simply says, "Peepee." So without even trying we captured her first time going in the potty on video. I am sure she will be so excited when she gets older! She promptly said she wanted to show daddy. It was very little that came out, but I was willing to take anything. She then had an even smaller success in the potty right before I was going to put a diaper on her for nap. As soon as that diaper was on she went and hid and released the flood gates. Maybe next time she will feel comfortable enough to release the flood gates in the potty.


Simon cruised himself all the way into the kitchen today holding onto boxes, cupboards, the wall, whatever he needed really and tried to open the cabinets. He has taken a few more steps on his own and is definitely getting more brave with each passing day.


I continue to work on crawling with him despite his strong desire to walk. Often times Jason will come home from work and Simon will be crying because we are having some tummy time together, which he is starting to enjoy less and less. Today I figured a little extra motivation wouldn't hurt and that boy was pushing his legs and pulling his knees in faster than I could capture it with my camera. He is just being lazy, little stinker. He got to 3 different sets of Kix that were placed out of his reach, so he Can crawl, he simply chooses not to, unless there is food involved.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

I too can be properly motivated when food is involved! Way to work the system Simon!