Last night at dinner Jason and I were talking about weaning Simon and how it has been a long time since I have not been pregnant or nursing a child. It was a brief conversation and we moved on to other topics and out of nowhere, during a silent moment, Lily says, ever so nonchalantly , "Lily have baby soon." Umm, excuse me?!?! I heard her, but I asked her what she said and she repeated herself word for word. Jason and I looked at one another and Jason explained that she may have a baby when she gets older and is married. She must not have liked that answer because then she said, "Daddy have baby soon." Jason simply replied, "We are taking a break from having babies." That pretty much ended the conversation.
I will say, Lily has been much more interested in babies recently and anytime we are visiting a friend who has a little one, all she wants to do is hold him or her. It makes me a little sad because she never expressed interest in holding Simon when he was little, but she was almost a year younger. It would have been sweet to see her want to love on him when he was a baby, but she loves on him so much now that it really shouldn't make me sad. Maybe one day in the far off future there will be another baby Meyer that Lily can ask to hold. For now, we will just borrow friends babies to hold.
Although what Lily said at dinner last night was memorable, the quote of the night occurred while we were giving the kids a bath and I was washing Simon's hair. Jason said, "Mullets have to be good for something." I wish they were, but I think all they are good for is laughing at. So, with that being said, we need to cut Simon's hair.

I will say, Lily has been much more interested in babies recently and anytime we are visiting a friend who has a little one, all she wants to do is hold him or her. It makes me a little sad because she never expressed interest in holding Simon when he was little, but she was almost a year younger. It would have been sweet to see her want to love on him when he was a baby, but she loves on him so much now that it really shouldn't make me sad. Maybe one day in the far off future there will be another baby Meyer that Lily can ask to hold. For now, we will just borrow friends babies to hold.
Although what Lily said at dinner last night was memorable, the quote of the night occurred while we were giving the kids a bath and I was washing Simon's hair. Jason said, "Mullets have to be good for something." I wish they were, but I think all they are good for is laughing at. So, with that being said, we need to cut Simon's hair.
1 comment:
I need more photos of this supposed mullet!
Post a Comment