Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Who needs blocks?

Rolls of toilet paper appear to be sufficient when it comes to learning how to stack things.



While we are in the bathroom let's talk about potty training for a minute. I am convinced we are going backwards in this area. Lily has started to bring me a pair of pants when she needs to do her business. Now, we are supposed to be getting to the point when the clothes come off to go to the bathroom, not putting more clothes on! She won't even let me take her shorts or skirt off before I put her pants on, she wants the pants over what she is already wearing. I have no idea. Honestly though, I am not stressing. The girl is just not ready. I think physically she is ready, but mentally there is a block.
In speaking with a friend about it she asked if Lily is a perfectionist. There are definitely perfectionist qualities to this little girl and my friend continued on to say that it sounds like Lily wants to do it perfectly and won't potty train until she can do it perfectly. So...who knows when that will be. We are not pushing the issue around here and I am trying not to think about some of her friends who are younger than her who are already potty trained. She is her own person and will do it in her time. Until then, bring on the pants.

No comments: