Saturday, September 17, 2011

5 Years


September 16, 2006

September 2007


September 2008

September 2009

September 2010

September 16, 2011

Five years ago, on top of a mountain in Roanoke, Virginia Jason and I exchanged vows and rings in front of our family and have not regretted a moment since then. Not saying that every moment has been splendid and wonderful, but every moment has been real, and those real moments have led to transforming moments that have shaped us into the people we are today.

We always enjoy a trip back to Valhalla Vineyards to reminisce about the day (except in 2009 apparently, not sure how that escaped us) and this year was no different. I was pretty sure the trip was going to be a disaster as we had to wake up our children to get there before they closed and Lily whined the entire way up expressing how she did not want to go "to the top of a mountain." But once we stopped at Maggie Moo's to get some ice cream she was much better! The evening was beautiful and brisk. It was the coldest it has been since we have been going up there this time of year, but they had a fire going outside in the fireplace and it was just a special time. The kids had fun running around and we had a great time snapping pictures and taking in the beauty of the night.




1 comment:

Cynthia said...

The photos keep getting better and better (Si Guy and Lily's cuteness can't be beat). I love and feel so honored that I got to be in that first photo!!! I love you guys!!!