It's hard to believe one place can hold so many memories for us, but having spent five years at Marist College, it is an important place in our past that we enjoy visiting every time we are in New York. This year it was an extra special trip because we brought Lily with us to show her where her Mommy and Daddy met. I was so excited to check out the library, where Jason and I spent hours and hours talking and getting to know one another, and was super excited it was open the day before Thanksgiving. There was one table in the basement of the library where I spent a good part of my college career that I really wanted to show Lily. We picked out a book, The Itsy Bitsy Spider, sat and read in my special place and enjoyed the view of the Hudson River. We walked around campus and brought Lily to some of the spots that are meaningful to us.
I realize Lily will not remember a thing from her first trip there, but it's a tradition we can now start including her in. I am sure there will be many more visits to Marist and one day she's going to be able to run down the huge hill on campus and chase the seagulls by the Hudson. For no
w, we enjoyed simply being able to carry her around and sharing a few stories with her from our past as a couple.

1 comment:
That is so sweet... Sounds like yall had a good visit
Post a Comment