Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sticker Game

I decided to see if Lily would notice if I put a sticker on my nose, and it took less than 1 second for her to reach over and take it off. I found this rather amusing because she got so excited when the sticker would appear so I kept moving the sticker. I would put it on my nose, chin or cheek and she would immediately reach over and take it off. I thought it would be interesting to see if she noticed it on her own face and she really did not. She kept going on about her business as if there was nothing unusual about the situation. I put another sticker on my nose and then touched Lily's nose and said, "Lily has a sticker on Her nose." She just kept taking the one on my face off and ignoring the one on her face. Next, I used a mirror to see if that would help Lily understand and she reached for her face in the mirror to take the sticker off, but was unsuccesful, for obvious reasons. So I finally moved the sticker to a place visible for her, her foot, and she immediately tried to take it off. It will be fun to continue playing this game with Lily as she continues to grow in her understanding of self and eventually she will be aware when Mommy puts a sticker on her nose. I am sure the day will come when Mommy will not be able to get a sticker on her nose. For now, we will keep having some good laughs at her obliviousness (is that a word?).


Posted by Picasa

No comments: