
It's hard to comprehend just how fast time will go once you have a child. People will warn you left and right when you are pregnant, or when you have a little one, "enjoy it because they grow up fast." I definitely try to take the warning to heart, but time just seems to be flying! At almost 10-months now I am at the point where I can't remember what life was like without Lily. My older brothr Andrew told me this would happen and I didn't believe it was true, but it is. Jason says it best when he says, "doesn't it feel like we have known her our entire lives and we were just waiting for her to arrive?" I look at Lily and it does feel like I have known her my entire life. You form this indescribaly, amazing bond with this little person that you helped create and it's hard to feel any other way.
Life with Lily is wonderfully challenging, and at times it appears to slow time down, but I would be concerned if it were easy. It is getting harder to enjoy the moment to moment ins and outs of daily life, but I need to rememer that she is not going to be immobile forever. She is not going to be small and let me hold her forever. I need to cherish these moments regardless of how challenging they may seem at the time. I don't want to miss out on enjoying Lily while I am frustrated. She is going to keep growing and changing and learning and I want to be sure that the time does not slip through my fingers and all of a sudden she is a teenager. Start now and cherish the moment.




No comments:
Post a Comment