Monday, March 22, 2010

Great Weekend

We had such a wonderful weekend, I was sad to see it end this morning, but Monday has a tendency of creeping in and bringing with it the obligations of going to work for Jason. Friday night I made a salad and cut up some fruit and then we went and grabbed a pizza and sat in the back of our car by the duck pond and enjoyed a picnic style dinner. Lily was so anxious to see the ducks we mentioned to her that as soon as she was finished she just kept saying, "Quack!" So we went on a walk and watched the ducks, explored a gazebo and just enjoyed a relaxing evening on campus.
Saturday morning Jason and I volunteered at a MOPS Parent's Morning Out from 9-1. I was with the infants and 1-year olds (Lily included) and Jason was with the older children. The time went by quickly for both of us and I was so excited because Lily did awesome in the room with me even though my attention was not fully on her most of the time. I was holding other children, including babies, and she did not cry or cling to me. She was actually a huge help by putting the pacifier in one child's mouth who was crying and bringing toys to other children who were upset. It was so neat and exciting to watch! I think she is going to enjoy being a big sister in just 3 short weeks. That reality really hasn't hit me yet.
After that we went and picked up a double jogging stroller someone had offered to me for free from MOPS and I was Shocked when we got there and I saw a BOB double jogging stroller in almost perfect condition. She had gotten it used for free and never used it and so now we have this incredible double jogging stroller that I can't wait to use!!! We just have to call and figure out where the serial number is located so we can print the manual for it off-line.
Saturday night Jason and I attended A Night with the Hokies, a fundraising event for some missionaries we support who work on-camus at Tech. It was nice to get out, as we left Lily with some friends, but we left early so we could get back in time to get Lily to bed at a decent hour. It felt a little rushed and I was constantly checking my watch to make sure we left on time, but it was fun to dress-up, minus the shoes, and go out for an evening. I think Jason's favorite part was the free desserts.

Sunday was a very lazy day as we decided not to go to church because it had been a very long week and I had not been able to sleep in or take a nap at all and Saturday wiped me out so we slept in and enjoyed a pancake and egg breakfast and then played outside and hung around. In the evening we went to a birthday party for one of Lily's friends at an indoor pool. I was nervous Lily would not enjoy it since she is not a fan of baths these days, but she went right in and had no problems. She splashed around for about 45 minutes and then wanted to walk around and watch the big people swim and jump off of the diving boards.


When we got home Lily thoroughly enjoyed the stickers that came in her goody bag. Sadly for her, the candy that was in the bag went to work with Jason today, but she got stickers and was content. We ended the weekend with the best bath Lily has had in a LONG time. There was no crying, no screaming, no trying to get out of the tub as soon as she got in. It was amazing. I don't know if it was the pool that helped or the bubbles that filled the tub. The bath did end rather abruptly as we also had our first experience with Lily going "pooay" in the tub. Fortunately, Jason was able to keep it together because I could not stop laughing. Lily was just standing there, because she doesn't sit for baths, and out it came and she just kept saying, "Oopsy" or pointing to it and saying "Pooay." It was so adorable. So we quickly got her out of the tub (although she didn't want to get out so was apparently not done playing) and she would not leave the bathroom until the "pooay" was cleaned up so she decided who should do it and said, "pooay, Dada." So, Jason being the awesome father he is picked it all up with toilet paper and flushed it down the potty. The weekend couldn't have ended any better. We were all together just having a good time and made the best of what life brings our way. I just love my family!!!

No comments: