Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Update

July is almost halfway over now and so much has happened. Gram and Granda came for a visit and we went blueberry picking, had a picnic, played at some parks, celebrated Lily's 2nd birthday, had a 2nd birthday party, played Catan and relaxed a little bit. It was an awesome visit and I was able to use my charm and convince them to stay an extra day!

Gram and Granda got some time to bond with Simon and he definitely enjoyed all the attention and cuddles and sleeping in Gram's arms!!!

He also enjoyed conversations with Granda.

We celebrated the 4th of July and reminisced about the 4th of July 2 years ago when all my contractions stopped for the day and then started again at 11:59 P.M. We went to a local park that had free activities such as pony rides, bounce houses, blow-up slides, a train ride etc. Lily did not want to do any of it! I was so sad she didn't want to ride the pony, but fortunately her friend Abi was with us and Abi was able to enjoy all of the festivities.


Lily got a tricycle from us for her birthday and hasn't taken too much interest in riding it yet, but I know she will enjoy it someday soon.
We all got to enjoy her ice cream cake and celebrate the day she became a part of our family. I can't believe it has already been two years since she was born. That experience is still so fresh in my mind, even after having had Simon 3 months ago. I guess you just never forget the birth of a child! She is simply an amazing little girl and I lover her more with each passing day. It is such a joy to watch her explore and learn and I am extremely grateful to be able to stay at home with her so I don't miss out on anything.
Then my mom and I got crafty as we prepared for Lily's 2nd birthday party, which was SO much fun. It was a bug theme and we made these ladybugs out of strawberries, blueberries, mini chocolate chips and black licorice. I think they are adorable.
Lily is not much of a cake fan, but she loves cookies so I decided to make cookie cakes for her party instead of regular cake. We decorated them in the bug theme as well.
We had a bug hunt at her party, a craft table where the children could make bug antennae using headbands, pipe cleaners and painted styrofoam balls, a water table, a dirt table with bugs in it, kickballs, a t-ball set and the playground itself. The weather was perfect as the heat broke a little bit and the rain held off until about 5 minutes after we got home. It was definitely a fun day!

Since this post was kind of Lily heavy I figured we should end on a picture of Simon. He is getting cuter each day and his eyes are starting to change color already. They are definitely starting to look more brown these days.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: