Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Blessed

I have not been able to get out of my head the past few days how incredibly blessed I am. God is so Good to me. He has truly blessed me far beyond what I deserve.
First, He brings a loving, generous, funny, handsome and intelligent man into my life. My partner. He is a perfect fit for me in every way and I am so glad we are going through life together. Had God stopped here I would still be exclaiming how Good God is to me, but He decided to bless both Jason and I with children.


First came Lily. A lover of the outdoors, smoothies and trampolines. A goofball to the core! Oh what a blessing she has been and will continue to be. This girl is going to grow me in ways I never imagined. When we first found out we were pregnant I was pretty convinced I did not want a girl because I remember what I was like as a teenage girl and I just knew my sensitive heart would not be able to handle the cold shoulder and the rudeness that sometimes accompanies girls of certain ages. I know now for a fact my sensitive heart won't be able to handle it, but fortunately God has handled heartbreak when it came to His own Son (in a very different sense than I am speaking of ) so I know I can go to Him when my precious little girl breaks my heart knowing He understands and will hold me close while I cry. Those heart breaks will only grow me closer to God. I will cherish the joy, the laughter, the smiles, the fun and even the heartaches this beautiful child brings to my life. Oh Lord, thank you for her!!!


Then came Simon. My snuggle-bug. Lover of his hand, O-ball, fans and clocks. I love this boy so much it hurts. It will be exactly one year ago on Friday that I called Jason at work, shocked and in tears with news we were pregnant again. I wish I could say they were happy tears but they were tears of fear and a sense of, "I'm not ready for this." In the first few months of Simon's like I felt very unprepared for the life of two children and struggled to bond with this child of mine who was so very diffent from what I was expecting. I can happily say that the bond has formed and is stronger than I ever imagined it could be. I want to nuzzle in his neck and smother him with kisses all day long! I just want to hold him, lie next to him, watch him, coo with him and have him around all the time. He is becoming so much fun and hearing him laugh, I can't help but smile and laugh right along with him. I may not have been ready for him in the beginning, but I am ready for him now, as long as he doesn't start moving too soon!


Blessed.
Thank you Lord, for these three blessings in my life. There are many more blessings, but these three are nothing short of amazing. Thank you for knowing me and what I need and what I can handle.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Chantry said...

love this post of blessings. thanks for sharing them with me!