Jason turned 30 on December 16th and it was a great day because it snowed and iced here the night before and he got to stay home all day long!!! He started the day with some pumpkin pancakes, hot apple cider and lots of playing!
He and Lily played in her sensory table with some snow and they talked about how it melts when then snow is put on your tongue.
She then decided to set up a party for her animals and feed them all some snow as well. Then she went outside to help Jason shovel the driveway. She didn't last too long out there and she came back in saying, "Mama, cold!"
I had some great plans for Jason in the evening, but I decided to cancel them because of the weather. I had lined up to have some friends take the kids and I was going to surprise Jason and take him out to dinner, but I had to tell him, in tears, what my plans were and that we would have to do it some other time. I tend to be a fairly emotional person and cry a lot. I am glad Jason has gotten used to this. I was disappointed that we weren't doing anything for his birthday, but we decided a few months ago we are going to take a family vacation in February or March to celebrate both our 30th birthdays. I just wanted to do something special for him. So, plan B came into action and I made him one of his favorite dinners. He was happy just to be with us, as he always is. I will take him out when we get back into town after the holidays though.

No comments:
Post a Comment