Sunday, May 15, 2011

These kids are getting too big



I have no idea where her wavy hair came from, and it's curls, sometimes ringlets in the back, and what's worse is that I don't know how to care for waves and curls. I think her hair would be curly more often, but I brush them out every day, multiple times a day I think.


A day at the park. After I put Lily's hair up she spotted the headband my friend Becky made for her and she had to wear it.



It's not too often we see Lily using her right hand, so I was excited to see her drawing with her right hand!

Lily enjoys seeing the cranes that are around town doing construction on campus and she has started using her blocks to build cranes of her own! She does an amazing job and I suspect we will be exploring cranes in the near future.

It's popsicle weather and this picture cracks me up. I love how he has his thumb in his pants and is looking smooth with popsicle running down his neck and belly. He was making enough of a mess that Gizmo was following him around. And seriously, check out that belly!!!


We have been working on number recognition and this was a fun activity that Lily loved. She did, after all, get to use glue all by herself and she loved making "buttons" on each of the squares she glued on the number cards. She accomplished more than I thought she would. She made it to the number 8 before she asked for help. I contact papered these cards and we are using them for different games. She actually asked to use them today!

This silly kid drinks sideways out of his cup and throws every piece of food we give him on the floor, but we love him regardless. He gives enough hugs and kisses to make up for it! He has even started to blow raspberries on our cheeks, which is great fun to experience.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I want to kiss that belly!!!!!!

Leave in conditioner on Lily's hair (after a bath) and use a wide tooth comb NO BRUSH!! Lift the ends with the palm of your hands to get the curls up and just let it air dry. In the morning just spritz the ends with water (and maybe a pea sized drop of conditioner mixed in with the water). You know you can ALWAYS ask me for curly hair advice.