Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Unintentionally Unplugged

Our internet stopped working sometime after we went to sleep on Friday night and just got fixed today, Wednesday, and honestly, I really enjoyed not having the internet. That's not to say we are going to cancel our internet service, and it's not to say I was overly productive in terms of laundry or cleaning, but I spent a whole lot more intentional time with my family. I felt more engaged and relaxed without the random, "oh, I'll just check my e-mail real quick" while the kids are awake. I need to work on my self-discipline with that and just say...while the kids are awake there should be no computer use. Feel free to ask me about this because I am going to give it a try! Here are some things we have been doing:


Lily had the opportunity to make cranes using playdoh. She really enjoyed using the knife to cut pieces of dough and then she squished them onto the pictures of the cranes I printed for her.
She is maturing so quickly on us. Her vocabulary is exploding and she is just cracking us up these days! She has started asking "why?" for everything. I thought it was a little early for that, but we are officially in the "why?" stage. She wants to know the names of people on buses and so I will say, "Do you think there's a girl named _____ on the bus?" We do that until I get tired of brainstorming names. Lily wants to know how many traffic lights are left until we get to our destination and she is starting to use different voices, just like her daddy!


Jason made a fire for us on Friday night and we made S'mores. I am not sure who enjoyed it more, Lily or Jason. It was such a nice night for a fire and after we got the kids in bed Jason and I just sat outback and talked. It was lovely.


We had some rainy days for a while, but the sun came back out in full force. I swapped out the sand for water in our sensory table and the kids loved it! Lily enjoyed exploring the movement of the water and also using the funnels. She loved squirting everything with the little squirt gun!

Simon has been exploring music and instruments and plays the kazoo and the recorder amazingly well! He Loves dogs. Seriously, loves them. If we are outside and he sees a dog he screams and starts to "run" towards them with such excitement. When we get to the dog he will squat down and put out his hands with a giddy smile as the dog licks or brushes up against him. He puts everything, except food he is supposed to eat, in his mouth. Balls are his favorite toys right now and he is just loving his big sister!!


He also enjoys water. He would hang out in the bath all night if we let him and so I knew he would take full advantage of the water table and he completely soaked 2 outfits today and had tons of fun in the process. He splashed and dumped and laughed the whole time.

I realized I had not taken one of these pictures in a while and gave it a shot the other day and it failed, miserably! I will definitely be trying again soon, most likely when Jason is around to assist.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: