Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Duckpond Picnic

On Sunday we decided to grab a pizza and go enjoy a picnic by the duckpond on campus. I threw together a salad, because I need some veggies with my meals, grabbed some old hot dog buns from the freezer to feed the ducks (which I don't even know why we had) and we were ready for a nice relaxing evening.

Lily definitely enjoyed relaxing outside, eating under a tree and taking her time with her meal. She ate more than I have seem her eat in a long time. Maybe meals are just not exciting enough at the dinner table.

There were some adorable, curious squirrels that stopped by to see us and I enjoyed feeding them more than the ducks. It was just so adorable to watch them hold the bread between their two tiny paws and munch away without a care in the world.


Simon also munched away on some bread because he would not eat the pizza. So he had bread and grapes for dinner that night. I am hoping his palate will change soon because as much as I love bread and cheese myself it just doesn't seem right for that to be the only thing he will really eat for lunch and dinner.



Feeding the ducks made her hungry and she needed some more food, but this time she wanted to eat it on the bench.


We ended the evening with strawberry, chocolate chip milkshakes at home. It was such a fun day, one Lily keeps asking to repeat...at least the picnic by the ducks. I am sure there are more picnics with the ducks in our future.

No comments: