Saturday, May 19, 2012

Shaving Cream Fun

I found a can of shaving cream in my art drawers and knew it needed to be used ASAP!  I was surprised that Simon wanted to wash it off as soon as it touched his hand, but as soon as we were all playing in it he changed his mind.  We mostly just played with it, but we showed the kids how we could smooth it out and then draw in it.  They did that for a few minutes, but preferred simply exploring the way they wanted.  


He definitely didn't mind dispensing the shaving cream.

Simon finally exploring. 
Then he was unstoppable. 

He was having so much fun he didn't even want us to wash off his face!
I can tell we are going to have a fun, busy summer!  I especially enjoyed this activity because I was purposeful about making sure I was fully present.  I loosened up and laughed when getting splattered with shaving cream, I got out from behind the camera for a while and allowed the kids to be kids.  It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.  We all smelled very manly for the remainder of the day, but it was worth it!

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

You are so fun and what great pictures. Love it!!