Friday, June 1, 2012

The first and the last

A wise woman who has watched my kids during the past four years at MOPS or BSF told me that the years will start flying by now that Lily is in school.  I don't know what the future holds, but this year sure did fly by!  
Lily has changed so incredibly much in the past nine months it is amazing.  Physically she is getting taller by the day it seems.  Her legs are almost longer than mine...not really, but I suspect she will be taller than me one day!  She is becoming more and more independent, craving autonomy and thriving when she is given specific "jobs" or tasks to do.  Her favorite part of school was having jobs so we are trying to give her more jobs and responsibility at home.  She loves to pick out her own clothes and I am struggling to let her do so.  She chooses things that don't match and recently has been wearing mismatched socks and shoes (perfect example in the picture below) and absolutely loving it.  I bite my tongue and let her show her own style and personality.  She is only going to be three once, right?!!?  She is also preferring to wear her hair down these days as annoying as it seems with her brushing it out of her face every five seconds.  
She still loves to read and has memorized a ridiculous amount of books.  She can, and does, pick up books and will ask Simon to sit down and she will "read" him the book.  She gets them almost word for word and it is so fun to hear!  
I would say that Lily did not enjoy school 99% of the time.  The last two days of school she expressed that she liked school, but when asked why it was because of a special friend she made.  We will definitely be keeping in touch with her friend Myra Grace, but she will be staying home with me next year and we will dip our toes into the world of homeschooling.  We are all very excited.  Well... I am not so sure how excited Simon is, but I will bet he won't mind having Lily home all the time!
Here are some first day and last day pictures...

I am so glad stone faced Lily disappeared during the past nine months!
  

No comments: