Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day Two

We kept true to our word and stayed busy today! First we went and had lunch with Rebekah at More Than Coffee where I got a really good spinach salad, and then decided, since we were already in Blacksburg, to go to the CDCLR. Lily did great the whole time we were out. She slept while we were eating lunch and then ate while at the CDCLR and stayed content and happy the whole time we were gone. Rebekah was kind enough to invite us over for dinner so we got to see her twice in one day! We also got to see Sam while at the Doran's, which was fun as well. Prior to leaving for dinner we had some excitement in the house as a bee somehow found it's way into the house with all the doors and windows closed. Now, this is the third bee that has figured out how to do this so Jason is going to have to do some investigating when he gets back to figure out how they are getting in. Although the can of wasp and hornet spray says not to use it in the house I could not just leave it sitting on the light fixture. Not knowing how I or Lily respond to bee stings and not wanting to lose sight of it I sprayed it and it died instantly. Gizmo decided he wanted to add to the fun and would not go in the house (he was in the garage). It was just as if we were in a movie, I was chasing him around the car in the garage. I thikn he finally heard in the tone of my voice that I was done with him and he scampered into the house after running around the car at least 10 times. Crazy dog.

Lily slept for most of the time we were at the Doran's, but while awake took quite a liking to their fan. It definitely helped pass the time being able to hang out with friends while Jason is away! By the time we got home it was Lily's bedtime, so she ate and was in bed at 10PM. The latest night she has had in a while! Tomorrow we are going to play with Riley from next door and get to see Joseph while at house group. It should be another fun day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: