Monday, December 1, 2008

Three generations


There is something about generational pictures that I really love. To be able to see, in a snapshot, the people who played a part in brining me into this world is just amazing. I have a picture, from my awkward teenage years, of me, my mom, my grandmother and my great-grandmother that is so special to me. I look horrible in the picture, but it doesn't matter because it isn't just a picture of me, it's a picture of my family and the women who impacted my life. I may not remember anything from that particular visit to Florida, but I have a picture to remind me of the women who loved me. Now, I am able to take generational pictures for my daughter. I know she will not remember anything from Gram's visit in November, but we have pictures to document it for me. I pray that one day she is able to look back on the pictures and see the love her family has for her. Here is the first of many generational pictures of me, my mom and my daughter. And who knows, somwhere down the line another girl may enter the picture...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: