Saturday, February 14, 2009


Not sure when Kate will read this, but I just wanted to let her and everyone know how much her daughter and her husband appreciate all the work she's doing. It takes a lot of energy and thankfully God provides her with all she needs to get through it all, from sunrise to sunset. I'm also thankful that she excels in her craft-making skills. She's picking up the slack for me.

Today was a morning for me to experience a slice of what Kate's daily life is like. I got to spend the time with Lily as Kate prepared for a day of cooking a bulk amount of meals with some neighbors and friends. For a few hours, now a bunch of people have about 10 or 11 meals to toss in the freezer. It turned out pretty well.

While she was cooking though, I was hanging out with the Lilypad. And I now have a better understanding of what life is like when being able to stop for groceries depends on whether the girl in the backseat has her eyes open or not. It's amazing how priorities rise to the surface and the "little things" really just fizzle away because I'm so focused on how Lily is doing. And I know Kate is even more focused on how her daughter is doing, everyday.

Of course, I have a lot more to learn. And I suppose that's what the next 80-something years will be for. Just learning about how to love Lily with all I have, and how to love Kate with all I have. And somehow you would think that giving out so much Love would leave a person emptier. Yet that's the strange thing about Love - as we dish it out, we are immediately replenished from Above. And as I continue to learn more and more about denying my self for this family I've been given, I look forward to Lily watching on, soaking up all she sees, and learning along with us. At the same time though, I hope she's watching her Mom's craft-making skills. Maybe I should have used stickers.

Jason

No comments: