Yes, we went to NY. Yes, we are crazy.
It took us 12 hours to get there and the kids were so awesome! Simon only slept for 2 out of those 12 hours, but he was very content. Lily also slept 2 of the 12 hours and she too was happy, as long as I was sitting in the back reading her books. Note to self...bring more books next time!!! I read the same 6 books over and over and over. Lily had some new things to try...I bought her some lacing beads and she loved them. I also brought a container of beans with some spoons, bowls and other random items for her to play with. It entertained her and that was the goal.
With about 40 minutes left in our ride Lily just let out a monster scream. Not out of anger, just to scream. I smiled and looked at her and said, "I hear ya!" We then continued to let her scream and laugh and scream and laugh because honestly, we all wanted to be screaming at that point!!!
It took us 12 hours to get there and the kids were so awesome! Simon only slept for 2 out of those 12 hours, but he was very content. Lily also slept 2 of the 12 hours and she too was happy, as long as I was sitting in the back reading her books. Note to self...bring more books next time!!! I read the same 6 books over and over and over. Lily had some new things to try...I bought her some lacing beads and she loved them. I also brought a container of beans with some spoons, bowls and other random items for her to play with. It entertained her and that was the goal.
With about 40 minutes left in our ride Lily just let out a monster scream. Not out of anger, just to scream. I smiled and looked at her and said, "I hear ya!" We then continued to let her scream and laugh and scream and laugh because honestly, we all wanted to be screaming at that point!!!
We took the kids to a park and Lily worked on sliding all by herself and hanging while lifting her feet up.
We took a trip down to Lake Carmel and went for a walk, watched some ducks and meet the creepiest dog on earth. Lily loves dogs, and I mean loves them! Anytime we see a dog she b-lines it towards them and wants to let them lick her hand. This dog looked off though and the woman who was with it said it was fine to come over that it had no teeth because it was so old. It also coughed a lot and just did not look right at all. We made sure not to get too close to it on the way back.
Simon got to meet his cousins and Cameron loved to make him laugh. Elliot was very interested in Simon as well and spent a lot of time touching and just being near him.

No comments:
Post a Comment